Applicants may use the following online Application for Employment to Apply for all Positions, or mail or deliver resumes to NMC's administrative offices. Paper and online applications will be given the same consideration. For more information, contact email@example.com. The New Mexico Consortium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technical and Research Staff Positions
Postdoctoral Research Scientist
The successful candidate will join us on an exciting, USDA-funded project of using computational biology to study the interaction of antimicrobial peptides with lipid membranes, predict protein-protein interactions and to design therapeutic proteins, peptides with antimicrobial activity or with other desired features. The candidate will work closely with a team of researchers to successfully design and characterize antimicrobial peptides, protein chimeras as well as to predict protein-protein interactions and to design drugs inhibiting such interactions.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computational Biology, Biochemistry or related field completed within the last 5 years
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently, creatively or as a part of a team
- A strong background in computational biology and bioinformatics
- Experience with computational protein design by Rosetta, AMBER, CHARMM for MD simulation or other methods
- Experience with computational methods to study the interaction of antimicrobial peptides with lipid membranes or to predict protein-protein interactions
- Experience with protein biochemistry
This is a full-time appointment for 2 years with expected starting date no later than March 1, 2017. NMC offers a competitive salary with full benefits.
Apply online at http://newmexicoconsortium.org/about/application or by mail to NMC, 4200 W. Jemez Road, #301, Los Alamos, NM 87544. Attach your CV and a cover letter that highlights your unique skills and experiences and explains your interest in the position.
Microalgal Biotechnology Research Service Position
The NMC is offering an opportunity for an interested candidate to participate in exploratory research at the NMC Biological Laboratory. This is a part-time unpaid service position, with a minimum level of effort of 10 hrs/week.Our plant biology initiative performs basic research with impacts on sustainable energy production through biofuels, food security and climate induced ecological change. This is a valuable opportunity for a graduate student, retired scientist, or scientist re-entering the workforce to help advance original research, participate in the scientific publication process, hone laboratory skills and collaborate with other researchers at the NMC.
The research will involve PCR screening of transgenic algae. Duties will include:
- Development of trait-specific bioassays
- Evaluating gene regulation
- Developing plasmid constructs
- Help design and conduct scientific experimental protocols
- Provide rigorous data assessment and result reports
- Advanced degree in microbiology, molecular biology or comparable discipline
- Competence in molecular biology techniques
- Experience working under sterile laboratory conditions
Apply online at http://newmexicoconsortium.org/about/application and attach a resume and cover letter; or mail or deliver resume to NMC's administrative offices.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.