ABOUT THE NEW MEXICO CONSORTIUM
Facts About the NMC:
Number of employees: 80
Annual budget: $11,750,000 (in FY 2021)
- New Mexico universities: University of New Mexico, New Mexico State University, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Other universities: University of Delaware, Drexel University, John Hopkins University, Cornell University, Harvard, Johns Hopkins University, University of Alabama, Princeton, CO State University, Rutgers University, University of Notre Dame, University of Washington
- National Laboratories: Los Alamos National Laboratory, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Ionosphere, Thermosphere, Mesosphere Physics Laboratory, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Research Institutes: Southwest Research Institute, Space Science Institute
- Industry: Pajarito Cloud Company LLC, Prosel Biosciences, Spartina Biotechnologies, Specifica Inc., Trait Biosciences Inc.
Research sponsored by:
- Federal Agencies: NSF, NIH, NASA, DOE, USDA, NOAA, US Air Force
- Private Foundations: Bill and Melinda Gates, LANL Foundation
- International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC)
What We Do
- Coordinate and lead collaborative research programs,
- Support economic development,
- Organize meetings, workshops and conferences,
- Provide meeting facilities,
- Support science outreach efforts.
Our goal is to develop, implement and continually improve models for pursuing and conducting collaborative research across our partner institutions. Our passion for what we do, coupled with the desire to uplift other institutions, companies, and agencies is an equation for success.
Research at the NMC includes Advanced Computing, Biofuels, Biomedical & Human Health, Climate Change, Hydrology, Material Science, Neuromorphic Computing, Plant Biology & Agriculture, Physics, Seismic Research, and Space Science. Read more about the NMC’s most recent research highlights HERE.