Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is a self-regulating entity that, according to U.S. federal law, must be established by institutions that use laboratory animals for research or instructional purposes. Such committees are mandated by law to oversee and evaluate all aspects of an institution’s animal care and use program.
Two agencies of the US Government require the appointment of an IACUC: the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) requires an IACUC at any institution that uses animals covered under the Animal Welfare Act, and the Public Health Service (PHS) requires an IACUC at any institution that conducts PHS-supported research involving live vertebrate animals.
- NMC IACUC Members
- IACUC Conflict of Team Membership Form
- NMC IACUC Disaster Plan
- IACUC Policies and Procedures
- IACUC Review Amendment Form
- IACUC Animal Study Proposal Form
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Concerns Reporting Form
- Occupational Health and Safety Program